Since I became a vegetarian, I have been making my favorite lasagna recipe using "fake meat" such as Quorn but other types will work also.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 packs of meat substitute (I usually use Cornatur Gehacktes)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups of your favorite prepared spaghetti sauce (meatless)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 packs ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 225g mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 pack lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- Heat the oil. Saute Quorn, onion, and garlic until browned. Add spaghetti sauce and parsley. Simmer another 15 minutes.
- Combine ricotta, eggs, 3/4 cup Parmesan, and 1-1/2 cups mozzarella.
- In a 13x9 baking dish, spread 1 cup of the Quorn sauce, followed by 1/4 of the noodles, and 1/3 of the ricotta mixture. Repeat twice. Top with remaining noodles, Quorn sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 190 C degrees for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.