Spinach and White Bean Quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- ~300 g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large flour tortillas
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
2. Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then add the beans, lemon juice, coriander and cumin. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring the ingredients to combine while mashing the beans. Once the spinach is cooked, set this mixture aside.
3. Place two large tortillas on a flat work surface. Divide the spinach mixture between the tortillas, spreading the mixture evenly on half of each tortilla. Then, fold each tortilla over and press the filled tortilla gently to enclose and spread the filling close to the edges.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Arrange the quesadillas in the hot skillet, either one at a time or simultaneously, depending on the size of your skillet. Flatten with a spatula and cook until browned on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Flip the quesadillas and cook until the other side is golden brown. Serve hot.